Map & Directions
MFI is offering a one-week program for directors and actors who want to enhance their visual storytelling abilities. Actors perform in scenes directed by MFI directors. Actors also perform monologues which will be shot by MFI cinematographers and rehearsed with MFI faculty. Not only will actors leave MFI with two pieces of film, they will also learn how to edit their monologues with MFI supervision. Actors will have on-camera technique training from acting coach Bob Krakower for their scene work, as well as individualized rehearsals with Wendy Makkena for their monologues.
- Visual Storytellers Week for Actors with Bob Krakower, Wendy Makkena, Tony Spiridakis and Shannon Goldman, with opening night seminar from guest celebrity artist.
- Actors will not only perform in a short scene with an MFI directing student, they will also direct themselves in a "cinematic monologue", with material chosen or written by the actors, and edited by the actors with MFI editors guiding them through the process. We teach actors the visual storytelling process and allow them to do the work themselves. The ultimate in empowering actors. This is a perfect compliment to our 2-week Actors Gold Program, as well as a stand-alone workshop, with the same small classes and individualized attention. Hard work, nurturing, collaboration, on-set training, and support from world class faculty and staff… that is the MFI experience.
- DAY 1 (SUNDAY)
- Arrive at 3PM – 5PM
- Welcome dinner at 6PM – 8PM
- Introduction seminar with Chazz Palminteri at 8PM - 10PM
- DAY 2 (MONDAY)
- Actors: On-camera Technique with Bob Krakower (scenes)
- Directors: Foundation Filmmaking with MFI cinematographers covering 3 point lighting, basic camera details like focus, exposure, audio, and more w/Tony Spiridakis and Shannon Goldman
- DAY 3 (TUESDAY)
- Actors: Scene work with Bob Krakower; ADD Monologue work with Wendy Makkena
- Directors: Editing training with MFI Post Production Supervisor; ADD Blocking/Tech Rehearsals
- DAY 4 (WEDNESDAY)
- Actors & Directors Shoot Scenes
- Actors continue prepping monologues with Wendy Makkena
- DAY 5 (THURSDAY)
- Actors: Direct their own "cinematic monologues" w/ MFI cinematographers shooting
- Directors Edit Scenes/Crew monologues
- MFI Screening (To Be Announced)
- DAY 6 (FRIDAY)
- Actors: Edit their "cinematic monologues"
- Directors: Edit their scenes
- MFI Bonfire on North Fork Beach (TBD)
- DAY 7 (SATURDAY)
- Directors and Actors screen scenes and monologues with MFI Faculty and Staff
- Goodbyes and Checkout by 1PM